Tuesday, December 11, 2012

First Love: Vivitar IC 100


A fellow lomographer from the internet calls it the "Poor Man's LC-A". It's one of the most basic toy cameras you can get your hands on. Plastic kung plastic haha. Just point and click, no other fancy settings. It uses 35mm film and so far I've only used color negatives with it. It also has a hot shoe so it's good for indoor photography but I never had the chance to try it. 

My Favorite Shot from my First Ever Roll
Trivia: To get the shot above, I had to lie on the grass and shoot it from an upward angle. It was worth it. :) The result was unbelievably random and unexpected. This was the shot that got me hooked. This shot will always remind my why I love Lomography. 

Picture is taken at the La Mesa Eco Park in Fairview.

At Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar
This camera also gives awesome vignetting and using the shoot-from-the-hip technique and upward shooting will produce great results.

Sadly (blame it really on my lack of creativity and my scrimping on quality films) my love for this camera gradually waned as I used it. There was always something missing in the photos and I was never satisfied. This ultimately resulted in me buying my second camera. 

My Vivitar was pretty banged up after my Bicol trip last year and is now just sitting on my shelf, all rusty and creaky. But it will always have a special place in my heart. 


2 comments:

  1. Loved the result of your shots here. Makes me wanna go back to film photography now! Kaso effort maghanap ng film and san pa ba pwede magpadevelop ngayon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog, Thanks for sharing more information

    film processing services

    ReplyDelete