Thursday, December 13, 2012

Second Love: Superheadz Super Fat Lens

Ordered from SNAPNOOK.COM
Full name: Superheadz Super Fat Lens Ultra Wide Angle Camera

Not only is it cute, affordable and easy to use, it's perfect for beginners like me. With the right film, you can produce breathtaking photos with this simple but powerful camera. It has a wide angle lens so my shots always seem to have this stretched out and "malalim" feel and almost always produces vignetting.  

I've used this camera twice and with different films. You can see below the difference in the photos it can give. 

Film: Kodak Elite Chrome 400 (Color Slide) 
Rialto Sign in Grainy Awesomeness
Film: Fuji Superia Xtra 400 (Color Negative)
We love Korea! 
And can I just share, the photo above really shows how much Lomography can surprise you. This was a random move and I didn't really expect a good shot but it came out super well. :)

Only downside I've experienced with it is that it's very susceptible to light leaks and overexposure. I sometimes get really bright "light spots" which tends to cover a small part of the photo. There's also always 2 to 3 shots that get overexposed. 

Can someone please explain why these happen? :(
Right now I have Lucky B&W SHD 100 installed in it. Will probably have it developed on Monday. Can't wait to see how this camera fares with B&W film. 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome shot of the PH and KR flags :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prolly film storage? Or age. Btw, great pictures! Wanna do an analogue collab? :)

    ReplyDelete