Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Obligatory Introduction

Hello!

I've been thinking of starting a Lomography blog to document my new hobby for quite a while now but I never went around to do it. I don't know what happened last night (maybe it was that huge mug of Barako coffee which, by the way, kept me up until 4:30 AM) but something suddenly inspired me to start it once and for all.

Maybe it was quarter-life crisis. Or my officemate who started a blog with his friends.

Maybe it was the frustration of not being able to properly share my love for lomography and learnings, as I was always limited to what I can only share via Twitter and Facebook.

Or maybe it was the desire to encourage more people to take this hobby up.

Anyway, in the end, here I am, writing the first ever post in this blog. I don't want to turn this into a diary so I'll keep this obligatory introduction short.

I hope you all enjoy my posts and I really hope I inspire people to start doing Lomography. I know it can be an expensive hobby but the feeling I get whenever I browse through my recently developed photos is just insanely fulfilling. I really wish more people can experience it and learn that it's just what they've been looking for.

So to conclude this post, I would like to share a quote from one of the best Lomography-related articles I have read, "Buckshot's Lomoalphabet: An A-Z of Lomography" by buckshot:

Q is for Quirky

Lomography is not about following conventions: it’s about breaking the rules, being left of centre, looking at life from a different angle, trying new things, deviating from accepted wisdom, seeking out peculiarities and finding your own, unique perspective. The quirkier the shot, the more character it has, and that’s what makes the difference between a good photograph and a mere snapshot.

Enjoy your day everyone! :)

1 comment: